This extended tour of Manipur takes you across the state, from the hill town of Mao bordering Nagaland in the north to the Indo-Myanmar border town of Moreh in the east. The tour includes visits to several prominent tourist spots including Maibam Lotpa Ching and Sendra Island. Manipur is a beautiful state, with a vibrant culture of dance and music. This tour gives you a holistic experience of Manipur and its charms.
Best time to visit: October to May
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Imphal, Churchandpur, Tamenglong
- All meals including breakfast, lunch as specified in itinerary
- Airport transfers and all local transport
- All local permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any air travel
- Any meal not specified in itinerary
- Any personal items like alcohol
- Travel insurance
- Visit to Sendra Island and Loktak Lake
- Maibam Lotpa Ching
- Visit to Tonglong Caves
- Visit to Moreh
- Arrive at the capital city of Imphal where our representative will meet you at the airport. A luxury sedan/SUV takes you to your hotel. Complimentary hot towels and mineral water bottles are provided for your comfort. Arrive at hotel for lunch. The rest of the day can be spent at leisure, exploring the town. You could walk to the local market where a colourful array of local products meets you. This is a great place for picking up souvenirs. Return to the hotel in the evening.
- Have an early breakfast at the hotel and depart for Churchandpur, locat ed about 59 kilometres from Imphal. This old city was bombarded and destroyed during World War II. It took 50 years to rebuild and is now a hub of Manipuri arts and a popular tourist destination. En route, visit Sendra Island for stunning views of Loktak Lake and Keibul Lamjao National Park. Loktak Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Manipur and one of the most popular and beautiful tourist spots in the state. Keibul Lamjao National Park is touted as the only floating park in the world. The park is made of biomass called phumdis and is home to an endangered species of deer called Sangai. We will check into a hotel at Churchandpur for lunch. The rest of the day can be spent in local sightseeing. Visit the Tipaimukh Dam and take a stroll along its banks. Return to the hotel in the evening and retire for the night.
- Today we visit the Tonglong Caves, situated about 30 kilometres from Churchandpur. The ancient caves are filled with engravings that elucidate the cultural history of Manipur. This is a great place for photographers to get some good shots. From here, we make our way back to Imphal. En route, visit the Loukoipat Lake and Maibam Lotpa Ching, a war memorial dedicated to the martyrs of World War II. Night stay in Imphal.
- Depart for Tamenglong, located about 160 kilometres from Imphal. This is a popular tourist destination famous for its oranges. The hilly town is also a treasure trove of local flora and fauna as well as some spectacular natural assets like waterfalls and forests. We spend the night at a hotel in Tamenglong.
- Have early breakfast at hotel and depart for Imphal. From here, we drive to Moreh, the border city between India and Myanmar. The town has now become an important commercial hub for cross border trade and is home to a sizeable community of Kuki tribes. We spend some time exploring Moreh and then return to Imphal for dinner.
- Have breakfast at hotel and depart for a day excursion to Mao, the oldest hill station in Manipur near the Naga border. This is a great spot for picnics and nature lovers can get their heart’s fill of the beauty of its surroundings as we set down for an al fresco lunch at a chosen spot. Next, we visit the historical town of Makhel and return to Imphal for the last night of the tour.
- Have breakfast at the hotel and depart for Imphal airport. This is the final leg of the journey where you say goodbye to the charming hill state of Manipur. Your car drops you at the airport where the tour ends.