Book a Kameng River Rafting Tour in Arunachal Pradesh with Ahom to experience a grand river rafting adventure. The Kameng River, also known as the Jia Bhoreli River in Assam, emerges from a glacier below the Gori Chen Mountain in Tawang district in the Eastern Himalayas. From the Indo-Tibetan border, the river flows through Bhalukpong in the West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh and moves to Sonitpur District in Assam. The Kameng is one of the most important tributaries of the Brahmaputra and covers a beautiful mountainous landscape in its upper stretch in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. It forms a natural divider between the West and the East Kameng Districts and serves as a boundary between the Pakke Tiger Reserve and the Sessa and the Eaglenest Sanctuaries. It is flanked by the Dafla Hills in the east and the Aka Hills in the West. The Kameng, along with some of the other mighty tributaries of the Brahmaputra, offers a delightful rafting adventures for experts and beginners alike. It is a medium-large volume river with challenging rapids at regular intervals, beautiful gorges, and pristine forest-covered hill landscapes. The trip is guaranteed to an experience of a lifetime.
What is included in the tour
- All domestic transfers and airfare
- All meals during the trip
- Professional guides for rafting
- All local permits
- All local accommodation
What is NOT included in the tour
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenditure
- Additional travel and meals
- Accommodation in Delhi
- Witness some of the most well-preserved old forests in the river valley
- Encounter challenging rapids and visit stunning jungle gorges
- Enjoy some of the best camping experiences by the river
- Begin your Kamen River Rafting Tour from Assam. Arrive at the New Delhi domestic airport early in the morning, from where you will take a flight to Guhawati. A car will pick you up from the airport. Start on a five-hour-long drive to Tezpur; familiarise yourself with the picturesque landscapes of Assam as you travel. Check into your hotel at Tezpur and enjoy a traditional Assamese lunch. Spend your evening exploring the beautiful city of Tezpur, considered to be the cultural capital of Assam. Retreat early after dinner at the hotel.
- Start on a 6 hour-long drive to Seppa in the East Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh. The town is the headquarters of the district and lies adjacent to the riverbank. Enjoy the view of the quaint little houses, surrounded by the steep forested mountains as you drive up the muddy lanes. Spend the night at a local guesthouse; enjoy the peaceful night as you drift off to Spend the day preparing for your epic rafting adventure tomorrow. Ready the travelling gear and attend a full safety briefing on the expedition. Load up the craft on the boats and paddle on a short section on the river before you set up camp for the night by the Kameng.
- Your Kameng River Rafting Tour officially begins! Start on your rafts early the next morning. Today you will be tackling some relatively benign rapids as you run east towards the confluence of the Bichom River, one of the principal tributaries of the Kameng. From here onward, the river grows in volume and deviates from inhabited settlements. Camp at his site for the night. The sound of the river water will be the gentle music to your sleep.
- Get ready to experience a paradise world of undisturbed forests. Raft to a mesmerisingly beautiful jungle-gorge. Immerse in the pristine surroundings as you make your way through the several rapids in the region. The adjacent aquifers pour their waters into the river, further enhancing its volume. Camp at a beautiful beach at the other end of the gorge.
- Take a break from the rigorous paddling and rest at the beautiful campsite. Spend the day in any way you please. The quiet surroundings are ideal for reading. In case you are feeling a bit worn out, going for a quick swim in the river or taking a hike to the forests nearby are perfect ways of refreshing yourself. Explore the beautiful region and do not forget to take ample photographs! Enjoy a warm campfire dinner before calling it a night.
- Today is definitely going to be the most exciting day of your trip. Raft on some of the largest and most challenging rapids of the Kameng throughout the day. Run several Class 3 and Class 4 rapids and enjoy the rush of the voluminous whitewater. Today’s trip is bound to give you an enormous adrenaline surge!
- Enjoy the final day on the water as you raft into the beautiful town of Bhalukpong. The stunning silvery white river flows between the border of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. You will pass by the Nameri National Park on your right, and if you are fortunate, you might view an elephant in the wild! Beach the rafts at Bhalukpong and enjoy a simple lunch, before you board your car for a drive back to Tezpur. Enjoy a sumptuous Assamese dinner at the hotel.
- Drive to Guwahati early in the morning from Tezpur. Enjoy your breakfast at Guwahati and transfer to the airport to fly back to Delhi. Reminisce on the beautiful memories you have made on this trip as you return. You are bound to remember your epic rafting adventure days for many days to come!