The Brahmaputra is the only river in the world that flows through three countries. It originates in the icy slopes of Tibetan glaciers before meandering into India and finally flows into Bangladesh. Our Brahmaputra river cruise gives you an unforgettable experience of travelling on the mighty river. We offer 5-star accommodation on board our luxury cruise ship. Feel like royalty in the land of the Ahom kings and discover the many charms of Assam in style. From visiting the ancient Kamakhya Temple, to exploring a tribal village cut off from modern amenities- do all this and more while enjoying top class comfort.
Best time to visit: February to April
What is included in the tour
- Luxury accommodation on board cruise ship
- All local transport in premium SUVs
- Meals as per itinerary
- Transfers to and from airports
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal purchases
- Any additional services (eg. organised cultural shows)
- Any additional beverages like alcohol
- Travel insurance (if any)
- Air travel
- Any meal not specified in itinerary
- Spot the endangered Golden Langur at Peacock Island
- Interact with tribal villagers and find out their stories
- Discover the intriguing legend of Kamakhya Temple
- Enjoy luxury accommodation on board cruise ship with gourmet meals and 5-star service
- Arrive at Guwahati Airport where you are received by our staff. Drive to Silghat where our cruise ship is anchored. The drive takes five hours and we have packed lunch on the way.
- Reach Silghat in the late afternoon and board the cruise ship where a traditional Assamese welcome awaits you. Settle in to your well appointed cabins where every care has been taken to ensure your comfort.
- Today is a relaxed day where you can enjoy a cultural evening on deck, followed by a specially prepared gourmet feast and retire to your plush cabins for the night.
- Rise early and enjoy a session of yoga/meditation on deck. This is followed by freshly prepared breakfast, served as our ship lifts anchor and heads towards Peacock Island. Enjoy an insightful talk on the thriving tribal community in Assam and the wonders of Peacock Island after breakfast.
- Visit a tribal village where the main occupation of the locals is farming. Get an insight into rural life and witness the age-old customs and practices of these indigenous people. Return to the ship for lunch- another epicurean delight of local delicacies.
- Our next stop is Peacock Island, famous for its population of the endangered Golden Langur in addition to several varieties of birds as well as plants. We spend some time exploring the island and then return to the ship in the evening.
- Enjoy the gentle ebb and flow of the waves while you have a relaxing evening on deck, over drinks and snacks. Celebrate your last night on board with a gala feast prepared especially to titillate your taste buds.
- Wake up for a final session of yoga/meditation on deck followed by breakfast. Depart for Guwahati. En route, visit the holy Kamakhya Temple, dedicated to the Goddess of Desire, Kamakhya.
- After the temple visit drive on to Guwahati Airport where our crew bid you adieu and you continue your onward journey to your final destination.