The Brahmaputra is the only river in the world that flows through three countries. It originates in the icy slopes of Tibetan glaciers before meandering into India and finally flows into Bangladesh. Our Brahmaputra river cruise gives you an unforgettable experience of travelling on the mighty river. We offer 5-star accommodation on board our luxury cruise ship. Feel like royalty in the land of the Ahoms and discover the many charms of Assam in style. From trying your hand at tea picking at a plantation, to visiting a tribal village cut off from modern amenities- do all this and more while enjoying top class comfort.
Best time to visit: February to April
What is included in the tour
- Luxury accommodation on board cruise ship
- All local transport in premium SUVs
- Meals as per itinerary
- Transfers to and from airports
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal purchases
- Any additional services (eg. organised cultural shows)
- Any additional beverages like alcohol
- Travel insurance (if any)
- Air travel
- Any meal not specified in itinerary
- Visit to Peacock Island
- Visit to Kaliabore Tea Estate
- Visit to secluded island
- Luxury accommodation on board cruise ship with gourmet meals and 5-star service
- Arrive at Guwahati International Airport where our staff will receive you. Drive to the sacred Kamakhya Temple, dedicated to the Goddess of desire, Kamakhya.
- From here, we make our way to Pandu Port to board our cruise ship. A traditional Assamese welcome awaits you on board followed by a gourmet lunch of local delicacies.
- All gather on deck as we set sail, to take in the views of the shore from the vantage of the deck and for a chance to spot the elusive and endangered Gangetic Dolphin. Here, a short brief is given on safety precautions and guidelines.
- Our first port of call today is the beautiful Peacock Island famous for its population of the rare Golden Langur. After spending some time exploring the island, we return to the cruise ship where you can retire to your cabins to freshen up before dinner. This is another epicurean delight with all the trimmings and paraphernalia of a traditional feast.
- Rise early for an instructed session of yoga on deck. This i s followed by breakfast. You can enjoy a quiet time on the deck soaking in the sun and watch the gentle waves of the river as our cruise ship makes its way towards a tribal village.
- We disembark at this village and take some time to interact with villagers and get a close look at the way they live.
- Return to the ship for lunch. You can retire to your cabins for an afternoon siesta if you like and as you rest, our cruise ship will head towards Orang Point.
- In the evening, we anchor at a secluded beach where a bonfire will be set up for you. Spend the evening sitting around the warmth of the bonfire while listening to a talk on the diverse tribal life in Assam.
- Enjoy a great barbeque spread and drinks before retiring to the ship for the night.
- You can rise early for a yoga/meditation session on deck or relax in the comfort of your luxurious cabins and join us directly at breakfast. Today, we anchor at Silghat post lunch.
- From here, we drive to Kaliabore Tea Estate to enjoy a guided tour of the plantation and the factory and to learn about the CTC method of tea making. You could even join the tea pickers on the estate and try your hand at tea picking for an authentic feel of the process.
- We also visit a co-operative Jute Mill close by. It is an interesting place to understand how the Jute fibre takes the form of very eco friendly gunny bags.
- Your tour comes to an end and you can proceed to your onward destination.