Nagaland is one of Northeast India’s most beautiful destinations, brimming with culture. Various tribes have claimed this part of the land as their home. Your tour will include visits to incredibly beautiful places as Dimapur, Kohima, Mokokchung, Tuensang, and Mon. Witnessing the tribes’ lifestyles up close, steeped in their own unique traditions, will be of particular interest. You will likely never forget the experience of interacting with the various tribes of Nagaland.
Please note: The following itinerary is only our suggestion, indicating one of several possibilities. We cater to your needs when arranging holidays. If you would like to modify or tailor a particular tour, just contact us; we are here to make your Northeast India tour among the very best.
- Visit to relics of Ahom kingdom
- Visit to Kohima War Cemetery
- Visit to tribal villages
- Upon arrival at Dimapur airport, you will be taken to your hotel for check-in. Whether walking the surrounding area, or just enjoying leisurely activities, this day is free for you to do as you please. Retire for the night at the hotel.
- After breakfast, explore the kingdom of Ahoms’ ruins. Dating back to the 13th century, these ruins bear testimony to the rich culture of the Ahoms. Post-lunch, drive approximately 13 kms to the Diezephe Craft Village, where traditional craftsmen will be weaving and wood carving. Overnight stay.
- Breakfast before driving to Kohima, Nagaland’s capital. Once there, hotel check-in. After lunch, make your way to the Kohima War Centenary, built by the Japanese invading force, to commemorate the WWII soldiers killed during wartime. Overnight hotel stay in Kohima.
- On this morning, make a road trip to the famous and historical Khonoma Village. The Angami Nagas, rebels who battled against the British, made this their last base, as the British advanced to the Naga Hills in 1879. In the afternoon, visit the State Museum (Please note: the museum is closed on Sundays). There, you will get an introduction to Naga tribal culture and the lifestyles of its people. Stay overnight.
- On the road again towards Mokokchung, where the Ao Naga tribes reside. Along the journey, you will stop at the Lotha tribal village to experience its well-known folk music and dance. Once you reach Mokokchung, check-in to your hotel or the Circuit House. Thereafter, check out the village and meet the Ao Naga people. The Ao Naga mainly survive on agriculture, but their folk literature is particularly rich. Overnight stay.
- Today, after breakfast and on your way towards Tuensang, stopover at the Longma and Lungso village, inhabited by Ao Naga tribes. See how their peoples live. At night, stay at the Circuit House.
- This day will be spent discovering the land of the Naga tribes. Here, though there are several, the 5 major tribes of this area are: Chang, Khiamniungan, Sangtam, Yimchunger, and Phom. See, as well, a part of the Sumi Village. Overnight stay.
- After breakfast, begin your car journey to Mon. Between Tuensang and Mon, visit a Konyak tribal village. Meeting the people (who were once famous for being head hunters) in their loincloths and their bodies covered in tattoos, is sure to leave a lasting impression. Once at Mon, check-in to the Circuit House.
- Spend the whole day exploring the area of Mon. Visit one of the largest villages in the district, Longwa village, which borders India and Myanmar. Be sure to check out the legendary Longwa twin tree. Stay the night at the Circuit House.
- After having breakfast, you will drive to Dibrugarh where your hotel will be pre-booked. Known as the “Tea City of India”, this is a great place for a leisurely day of roaming the tea gardens and, if desired, also visiting places like Dehing Satra and Koli Aai Than, before retiring for the night.
- Wake up in the morning, enjoy your breakfast, after which you will be taken to the airport for the final leg of your trip.